What are your fees?
As a member of the Select Counsel network and a former partner in an Am Law 100 firm, I am able to provide the same quality legal services as a large firm without the high cost of overhead.
Hughes Law offers several different fee structures. Depending on client needs, we can bill hourly, daily, or on a fixed-fee basis depending on the matter. For companies without an in-house government contracts lawyer, we can provide all government contracts counseling for a fixed quarterly fee.
As a former general counsel who was responsible for a corporate law department budget, I am keenly aware of the cost of outside legal services and the need to contain those costs. Hughes Law is committed to providing high-quality legal services at a reasonable price.
Hughes Law does not charge for telephone calls, video conferencing, facsimiles, or photocopying in non-litigation matters. Those costs are included in the rates. Video conferencing and our secure web portal also help to reduce cost. Any necessary travel expenses are separately billed at cost.
What are your professional accomplishments?
The professional accomplishment for which I am most proud is having served our country for twenty-nine years, first as a U.S. Army officer in the JAG Corps and later as Deputy General Counsel (Acquisition) of the Air Force. I am honored and grateful for having had the opportunity to serve with so many dedicated military and civilian professionals.
Other accomplishments include:
- Various leadership roles in the American Bar Association Section of Public Contract Law, most recently Chair of the Section in 2016-17.
- Honorary faculty member of the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s School.
- Peer selected as a director of the Procurement Round Table in Washington, D.C.
- Appointed by the White House to serve on the 14 member Acquisition Advisory Panel established by the Services Acquisition Reform Act of 2003 to examine the use of commercial practices, performance-based contracting, and government-wide contracts. Our report to Congress led to the enactment of numerous improvements to the services acquisition process.
- Awarded the Decoration for Exceptional Civil Service from the Secretary of the Air Force for organizing tribal leaders in Iraq and establishing a truck transportation network that employed local drivers to support the U.S. military. The Iraqi Trucking Network completed 88,000 missions between 2007 and 2011 with no loss of trucks or cargo and took many U.S. soldiers who had been supporting convoys, off the roads and out of harm’s way.
- Peer Review Rating by Martindale of AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5.0.
How do you handle large matters?
When a client has legal needs that require specialized expertise or resources beyond what Hughes Law PLC can provide, we will assist our client in assembling and managing a dedicated team. Also, having practiced government contract law for 35 years, we have an extensive network from which we can make referrals for our clients.